Register for the 2024 Australia Day Harbour Parade
Here’s your chance to be part of the annual Australia Day Harbour Parade where you can dress up your boat and compete to win prizes.
The annual Australia Day Harbour Parade sees boaties deck out their vessels and parade across the waves of Sydney Harbour in a dazzling display of national spirit on January 26.
In 2024, the Harbour Parade will be part of the exciting new Harbourfest program which will take to the sea, shore and sky with an abundance of free and fun activities.
Vessels of all shapes and sizes are invited to join the flotilla for free – and to top it off, for the first time, all participants will be granted access to a prime viewing position to view the iconic Ferrython race from on the water.
Prizes will be awarded to the winning vessel in each of the following categories:
- Budgie Smuggler Award — Best Small Vessel
- Best in the Biz Award — Best Commercial Vessel
- Hello Sailor! Award — Best Newcomer
- The Captain’s Choice Award — Best Dressed
- Going Overboard Award — Most Imaginative
You can dress your vessel any way you like – there is no set theme! Previous participants have indulged their artistic flair with flags, Australian flora and fauna and iconic Aussie foods.
The judges will make their decisions based on the following criteria:
- Overall appearance
- Performance element
Bonus points will be awarded for considering sustainability/recycled materials, Aboriginal people/land acknowledgement and community awareness.
Harbour Parade prize winners will be awarded a voucher, framed certificate, and will gain exclusive access to the managed viewing area at Jeffrey Street Wharf to enjoy the Australia Day Live concert in the evening at the Sydney Opera House forecourt and Circular Quay.
Registrations close 5:00pm AEDT on Monday 15 January 2024. Register below now!
- 11:30am - Marshalling and radio check commences (please use VHF 15 as the marshalling channel)
- 12.10pm – Enjoy a front row seat to the exciting Ferrython on its new race route
- 12:45pm - The parade departs East Kirribilli Point to make a loop of the harbour
- 2:15pm - The parade finishes in Athol Bay with the announcement of winners
Winners of the Harbour Parade will then be offered exclusive access in Jeffery St vicinity to view the Australia Day Live concert in Circular Quay from 6:30pm onwards.
All participants will receive a participation pack that includes a Harbour Parade flag. This will be sent via post prior to 26 January 2024 to the postal address nominated in your registration form.