Privacy Statement - Only in Australia competition
- entering the Competition through submitting an Entry Form and uploading a photo to the Competition website; or
- entering the Competition through your parent or guardian submitting an Entry Form and uploading a photo to the Competition website on your behalf; or
- authorising an entrant (or their parent/guardian) to upload a photo capturing your likeness or voice to the Competition website; or
- participating in any promotional activity in connection with the Competition,
you are allowing the Premier's Department (operating as the Australia Day Council of NSW) (“the Council”) to collect the following personal information from you:
- your name, age, email, mobile phone number, address and, if you are an entrant, your display name; and
- your likeness and (if it is captured in the photo that is uploaded to the Competition website or if you are participating in a promotional activity).
The Council is collecting that information for the purposes of:
- conducting, promoting and advertising the Only in Australia Competition;
- promoting and advertising the Council and Australia Day worldwide;
- authorising third parties (“Third Parties”) such as local councils, NSW Government entities, media outlets and the Council’s contracted service providers to promote and advertise the Only in Australia Competition, the Council and Australia Day worldwide.
It is intended that the Council (or Third Parties authorised by the Council) may, for those purposes, communicate to the general public the following:
- personal information of entrants: display name and State/Territory postcode of residence;
- personal information of persons appearing in photos or participating in promotional activity: likeness and voice.
The provision of this personal information by you is not required by law. However, you will need to provide this information if:
- you wish (or your child under 18 years of age wishes) to participate in the Competition as an entrant; or
- you wish another person to participate the Competition as an entrant using a photo that captures your likeness.
The Council will not disclose your contact details without your permission unless it is required or permitted to do so by or under any law – for example, if the information is needed in an emergency or for a law enforcement purpose.
The Council will handle and store your personal information in accordance with the Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Privacy Management Plan and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
You may request any correction or update to the personal information that you provide by emailing to the Webmaster at [email protected].
If you have any questions about Privacy Statement please contact:
Australia Day Council of NSW
GPO Box 5341
Sydney NSW 2001