Australia Day celebration is a family friendly event that caters for all ages. There is a number of events and activities that will be held throughout the day.
Cobar Shire Council with Cobar Memorial Swimming Pool will host this event under a strict COVID-19 Safety Management Plan and have extra measures in place to ensure that this event abides by the current mass gathering restrictions authorised by the NSW State Government.
- 7:30 AM: CATS Australia Day Triathlon (Registration: 7:30 AM)
- 10 AM: Cobar Yabbie's Business House Swimming Relay (Registration: 9:30 AM)
- 11 AM: Cobar Youth Council "The Great Duck Race"
- 11:30 AM: Australia Day Official Ceremony (Awards & Naturalisation presentations)
- 12:30 PM: Free Australia Day BBQ
- 12:45 PM: COVID-19 Safe novelty events (Vegemite painting, waterslide races, thong throwing competition & egg/spoon relay)
COVID-19 safety & event requirements
- All attendees are required to complete the event registrations and tracking details upon entry to the event via the QR code. COVID-19 Marshalls will be available entrance points to assist with this.
- Attendance capacity of 500 people.
- COVID-19 Marshalls will be monitoring social distancing requirements and ensuring compliance with the COVID-19 Safety Management Plan.
- You must not attend the event if you are unwell or experiencing flu like symptoms (Runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever and shortness of breath).
- Physical social distancing will be enforced (1.5m between patrons and a density of no greater than one patron per two square metres).
- Extra cleaning staff have been engaged to ensure extra hygiene and cleaning routines are being conducted whilst the event takes place.
- Hand sanitizer and PPE will be available upon entry to the event.
Being COVID Safe is a responsibility we all share
Practice safe behaviour wherever you go. Check nsw.gov.au/covid-19 for health and wellbeing advice, case locations, symptoms, testing clinics and what you can and can't do under the rules.