21 January 2021 — 26 January 2021
Various locations, NSW
The community is encouraged to celebrate Australia Day with family and friends whilst staying COVID Safe.
There are a number of events on the Northern Beaches in the lead up to Australia Day:
- Thursday, 21 January – Australia Day Awards
- Friday, 22 January – World Food Markets
- Saturday, 23 January – Food Truck Festival
- Sunday, 24 January – Australian Made Market
- Monday, 25 January – Open Air cinema, Australian Movie
- Tuesday, 26 January –
- Pool parties at our two Council run Aquatic Centres
- Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Roving entertainers and musicians at a number of key high visitation locations
- Outdoor dining at The Strand, Dee Why (involves some road closures)
From a digital perspective, three local artists are performing their take on an iconic Australian Song in prominent Northern Beaches locations. These performances have been filmed and will be used across January.
Additionally, a number of Council services will be promoting Australia Day through their January activities including the Coastal Environment Centre, Libraries, Aboriginal Heritage Office, Glen Street Theatre and Manly Art Gallery & Museum.
These events are delivered by the Northern Beaches Council.
Being COVID Safe is a responsibility we all share
Practice safe behaviour wherever you go. Check nsw.gov.au/covid-19 for health and wellbeing advice, case locations, symptoms, testing clinics and what you can and can't do under the rules.