This Australia Day, private vessels are not allowed:
- within 50-metres of Ferrython ferries from 10:45 AM to 11:50 AM
- between Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Kirribilli Point from 11:45 AM to 12:30 PM
- within 50-metres of Tall Ships all day
- in Farm Cove within marked area between 1:40 PM to 2:15 PM.
Safety on the water
With extra maritime traffic expected on the state’s waterways during Australia Day celebrations, NSW Police and maritime authorities will be out in force to ensure operators of recreational and commercial vessels are compliant with maritime laws.
Before heading out, check the vessel is in good working order, and ensure all the required safety equipment – including lifejackets – is on board.
Skippers are reminded of their responsibility to ensure there is safety equipment on board their vessels and are responsible for the manner in which their vessel is driven.
Download the MarineRescue app from the App Store or Google Play and stay safe on the water.
Register for the Captain's Information Session
Captains of all craft (from navy ships to tinnies) are invited to attend the Captain's Information Session.
- Date: Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Time: 5:30pm
- Venue: Roads and Maritime Services, 33 James Craig Rd, Rozelle (map)
Attendance is optional but strongly encouraged. RSVP below.