No permission is given to use any material identified as being third party copyright outside this permission. Where required by law to do so, it is your responsibility to obtain copyright permission for use of any such third party copyright material.
This website is maintained by the Australia Day Council of New South Wales (ADCNSW). The ADCNSW does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third-party sites linked to this site.
Australia Day Council of NSW
GPO Box 5341
Sydney NSW 2001
Email enquiries can be directed to the Australia Day Council of NSW Webmaster through the contact form.
Users of this website are entitled to expect that any information as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the NSW Government’s privacy responsibilities and obligations. The NSW Government’s privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on this website, our server automatically collects information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine that has accessed it;
- Your top-level domain name (IE: .com, .gov, .au, .uk);
- The address of your server;
- The date and time of your visit;
- Whether you have previously visited this website (only if you accept cookies – see below for more information about cookies);
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded.
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected is used to improve navigation and the site, and for reports that identify usage patterns.
The ADCNSW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent.
Please see below for more information about how cookies are used.
Who has access to this information?
Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of individuals at the ADC NSW for the purpose of analysis and to report on the success of the website.
Is the information stored securely?
Yes. Information collected is stored in a secure format and held by the ADCNSW for archival purposes.
What exceptions are there to this rule?
The ADCNSW will gather more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published ADCNSW pages;
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on this website;
- Unauthorised attempts to index the contents of this website by other websites;
- Attempts to intercept messages of users of this website;
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed;
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of this website by other users.
The NSW Government reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of this website raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been committed.
In the event of an investigation, the NSW Government will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
What will we do with information provided as feedback?
The ADCNSW provides feedback facilities to allow users to provide their input into the future development of the site and to comment on the site.
The provision of personal details on feedback forms is optional.
Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided. Your email address will not be added to any mailing list.
The ADCNSW may publish aggregated information about feedback on the site, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
This website uses "cookies" to improve the user experience for our online users. A cookie is a small data file that contains information about a user’s visit to this website. The typical purpose of cookies is to help websites remember particular actions you may have done in the past. For example, cookies may track when you have logged into a site, visited certain pages or clicked certain buttons.
- target relevant advertisements to you via third party ad networks, social media and other online advertising platforms; and
- track the success of our marketing campaigns.
Despite this, if you do wish to disable or remove cookies, please see the “Help” section of your browser or mobile device. Each browser or device handles the management of cookies differently, so you will need to refer to your appropriate “Help” documentation. However, as mentioned, cookies are essential for certain features of our website to work properly.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time.
Trade marks and names
Nothing in these terms gives you a right to use any of the NSW Government's or anyone else's trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names or other distinctive brand features, including but not limited to any State arms or symbols and the "Australia Day Council of New South Wales" name and logo, which may appear on this website from time to time, without the specific written permission of the ADCNSW.
You must not remove any copyright notice, trade mark notice, watermark, or any other technological protection measure or electronic rights management information attached to or embodied in any materials on this website.
Website comments and other content posted by you on this website
Where invited to, you may post content on our website. By posting content on our website, you authorise us to include your content on this website, and to reproduce, publish and communicate your content to the public. You also authorise others to view and reproduce your content for government, personal or non-commercial use.
You must not post content on our website that:
- is discriminatory, hateful, violent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, features nudity or is pornographic, profane or indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- infringes any other person's copyright or other intellectual property rights; or
- advertises or is otherwise designed to sell a product or service or increase traffic to any other website.
The placement or publication of any web syndication, web feeds or other feeds on or linked to or from this website (such as XML or RSS feeds, podcasts and so on) ("Feeds") are not permitted without our prior written permission.
Feeds to or from this site provided or authorised by the ADC NSW enable you to receive updates from this site. While care is taken to ensure accuracy, the ADC NSW cannot guarantee that information contained in such feeds is correct, current or complete, and recommends that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to use of feeds.
The ADC NSW reserves the right to discontinue or remove any feeds to or from this site at any time and for any reason.
The NSW Government is committed to enhancing the public availability, dissemination and exchange of information. To that end, this website has been established to provide information in relation to Australia Day events and related topics.
This website also provides an entry point to enable you to quickly and easily access NSW Government information on the internet in relation to topics of relevance to New South Wales its residents, visitors and those doing business in New South Wales or Australia.
This website is also intended as an interactive online tool encouraging all Australians to explore and express Australian values.
The site is made available on the basis that the NSW Government does not necessarily agree with, support, sponsor or endorse comments and other content posted by website users on the site. To the extent permitted by law, the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales acting through the Department of Premier and Cabinet disclaims any responsibility for any claim, loss, liability or expense caused by or arising in connection with any comment or other content posted by website users on the site.
However, care will be taken to monitor content posted on our site by website users, and content that breaches the terms of this website may be removed as soon as we become aware of the breach.
If you consider any material on the website infringes your copyright, is offensive, upsetting or inappropriate, please let us know via email [email protected] immediately so that we may review the material and assess whether it should be removed.
This website and its content is provided "as is" and "as available". To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Australia Day Council of NSW and the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales acting through the Department of Premier and Cabinet:
(a) make no representation as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the material accessed on and through this site (including the content of feeds and third party material on external linked sites);
(b) accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered (either direct or consequential) as a result of the use of this site, any feeds on this site, or the material accessed on or through this site or the feeds;
(c) do not warrant that the material accessed on or through this site is free of computer viruses or other contamination;
(d) do not warrant that any third party material on external linked sites does not infringe third party intellectual property rights.
Users should be aware that the internet is, by its nature, an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that third parties may view, intercept or interfere with your dealings, including through the use of viruses. The ADCNSW and the Department of Premier and Cabinet do not guarantee the security of this site or that all material available on this site is free from viruses. Users are advised to exercise care and discretion in the information they choose to make available on or through this site and to take adequate precautions to protect against viruses that may interfere with or damage your technical devices, hardware, software or data.
Links to external sites
This website contains links to other websites. These links have been included on this site with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. The ADCNSW and the Department of Premier and Cabinet has no control over linked sites, and as a result:
- we make no guarantees in relation to the security of linked sites and cannot accept liability in relation to security issues arising should you choose to visit those sites;
- we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked sites;
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that the ADCNSW or the Department of Premier and Cabinet endorses those sites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
Links to other websites
This website has links to other internet sites which contain information collated and presented by government agencies, third-party organisations and individuals.
The linked websites have their own applicable terms of service, protocols and standards in relation to their sites and the information that appears on those sites. Please familiarise yourself with those terms of service, protocols and standards as the NSW Government cannot warrant and does not represent that the information accessed through the linked sites are complete, current, reliable and/or free from error. The Crown in right of the State of New South Wales acting through the Department of Premier and Cabinet does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of the use of or reliance upon the materials which appear at the linked sites.
Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from this website to any particular third-party site as a criticism or comment by the NSW Government on the provider or content of that site.
The links that appear at this website have been set up as an information source only and with the NSW Government’s desire to promote multiculturalism, tolerance and diversity in our society. Some material that appears on linked sites may cause offence or upset to some visitors. The NSW Government regrets any such offence or upset caused.
Third party intellectual property
This website contains third party material and provides access to third party material which may or may not be identified. Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly.
You must check and comply with the licensing information for each item of material that you wish to use. This may require you to contact the relevant agency to confirm whether the material is licensed pursuant to a Creative Commons licence or the third party copyright owner for permission to use the material.
Links to this website
Legitimate internet sites have permission to link to this website, provided the following conditions are complied with:
- Links must be presented in a way that fairly represents our role and this site. They must not embarrass us.
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- You must not tag, link, frame, reformat or alter files, pages, images, information or materials from this website on any other website.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content, ie the source of material must be clear, and acknowledgement of this website clearly provided.
- You must not reproduce any State arms, emblems or symbols or any other logos or trade marks appearing on this website without prior written approval.
- You must not retransmit, distribute or commercialise any of the material on this website.
- You must not pass off content from this website as your own.
- You must not use this site to sell a product or increase traffic to your site.
We reserve the right to remove any links that breach these terms or are otherwise inappropriate.
Images of people now deceased
The ADCNSW is aware that many Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders are offended by the depiction of deceased members of their communities. While we have made every effort to ensure that only pictures of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders still living are used on this site, visitors to the site are warned that it may contain images of people now deceased. Please let us know if you know of the death of any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person depicted on this site.