Register for the Harbour Parade
Ready or knot, be part of the activity on Sydney Harbour and join the Australia Day Harbour Parade in 2022.
Deck your boat out and invite your family and friends on board to celebrate our nation’s day with the best party on Sydney Harbour.
Vessels of all shapes and sizes are welcome to join the flotilla.
Prizes will be awarded to the winning vessel in each of the following categories:
- Budgie Smuggler Award — Best Small Vessel
- Best in the Biz Award — Best Commercial Vessel
- Hello Sailor! Award — Best Newcomer
- The Captain’s Choice Award — Best Dressed
- Going Overboard Award — Most Imaginative
Each prize pack includes:
- $300 EFTPOS gift card
- Winner’s plaque
- 1x Family Big Ticket to the Australian National Maritime Museum (valued at $70)
- 1x 3 Course Long Lunch for two with Captain Cook Cruises (valued at $248)
- Exclusive access to the managed viewing area at Jeffrey Street Wharf for the Australia Day Live fireworks spectacular!
Additional prizes will be included in the following categories:
- Budgie Smuggler Award – 1x Double Pass for Unlimited Rides at Luna Park for each person on board the winning vessel (valued at $34-$80 each)
- Going Overboard Award – A 3 hour historic Duyfken Twilight Sail on Sydney Harbour including light catering for two adults (valued at $240)
The Australia Day Council of NSW wishes to thank its generous prize contributors, the Australian National Maritime Museum, Luna Park Sydney and Captain Cook Cruises.
Registrations close 12:00PM AEDT on Thursday, 20 January 2022. Register below now!
- 11:30am - Marshalling and radio check commences (please use VHF 15 as the marshalling channel)
- 12:45pm - The parade departs to make a loop of the harbour
- 2:15pm - The parade finishes in Athol Bay with the announcement of winners
Winners of the Harbour Parade will then be offered exclusive access to view the Australia Day Live fireworks from 6:30pm onwards.
There are two marshalling areas for the Harbour Parade:
- Jeffrey Street Wharf for vessels 20-metres and under. Vessels marshalling here MUST attend the Captain's Briefing (due to proximity to cannons and exclusion zone). Limited places available (due to space restrictions).
- Lavender Bay for vessels over 20-metres and any arrivals after 11:45am (when the exclusion zone is in place).
You can dress your vessel any way you like – there is no set theme! Previous participants have indulged their artistic flair with flags, Australian flora and fauna and iconic Aussie foods. The judges will make their decisions based on the following criteria:
- Overall appearance
- Performance element
Bonus points will be awarded for considering sustainability/recycled materials, First Nations acknowledgement and community awareness.
All participants will receive a participation pack that includes your Harbour Parade flag number, decorative banners and hand waver flags. This will be sent via express post by Thursday, 20 January 2022 to the postal address nominated in your registration form.