Win an exclusive view of Australia Day Live and an awesome prize pack
Ready or knot, be part of the activity on Sydney Harbour and join the Australia Day Harbour Parade in 2020. Deck out your boat and invite your family and friends on board to celebrate our nation’s day with the best party on Sydney Harbour.
Vessels of all shapes and sizes are welcome to join the flotilla.
Prizes will be awarded to the winning vessel in each of the following categories:
- Budgie Smuggler Award — Best Small Vessel
- Best in Show Business Award — Best Commercial Vessel
- Hello Sailor! Award — Best Newcomer
- The Captain’s Choice Award — Best Dressed
- Going Overboard Award — Most Imaginative
This Australia Day, we are also offering Harbour Parade winners exclusive access to Circular Quay for our Australia Day Live spectacle including evening performances and fireworks. Don’t miss this opportunity to secure the best view on the water!
Registrations due by 12:00pm AEDT on Friday 24 January 2020. Register below now!
- 11:30am – Marshalling and radio check commences (please use VHF 15 as the marshalling channel).
- 12:45pm – The parade departs to make a loop of the harbour.
- 2:15pm – The parade finishes in Athol Bay with the announcement of the winners.
Winners of the Harbour Parade will then be offered exclusive access to view Australia Day Live in Circular Quay from 6.30pm onwards.
There are two marshalling areas for the Harbour Parade:
- Jeffrey Street Wharf for vessels 20 metres and under. Vessels marshalling here MUST attend the Captains Briefing (due to proximity to cannons and exclusion zone). Limited places available (due to space restrictions).
- Lavender Bay for vessels over 20 metres and any arrivals after 11:45am (when the exclusion zone is in place).
You can dress your vessel any way you like – there is no set theme! Some common themes previous participants have been inspired by include flags, Australian flora and fauna, and iconic Aussie foods. The judges will be making their decisions based on the following criteria:
- Overall appearance
- Performance element.
Bonus points will be awarded for considering sustainability/recycled materials, Indigenous acknowledgement and community awareness.
In addition, the Australia Day Council of NSW in conjunction with P&O Cruises is running the ‘Look Like an Aussie Legend’ competition, where you could win an amazing P&O Cruise! Details on how to enter will be sent to registered participants in their information pack.