By submitting an Entry Form and uploading a video to the Competition website, you are allowing the Department of Premier and Cabinet (operating as the Australia Day Council of NSW) (“the Council”) to collect the following personal information from you:
- name, age, email, mobile phone number, and State/Territory/postcode of residence;
- display name, image and likeness and sounds of entrants appearing in Competition videos.
The Council is collecting that information for the purposes of:
- conducting, promoting and advertising the Straya’s Slang Legend Competition;
- promoting and advertising the Council and Australia Day worldwide;
- authorising third parties (“Third Parties”) such as local councils, NSW Government entities, media outlets and the Council’s contracted service providers to promote and advertise the Straya’s Slang Legend Competition, the Council and Australia Day worldwide.
It is intended that the Council (or Third Parties authorised by the Council) may, for those purposes, communicate to the general public the following personal information of entrants who appear in Competition videos: display name, image and likeness, sounds, and State/Territory/postcode of residence.
The provision of this personal information by you is not required by law. However, you will need to provide this information if you wish (or your child under 18 years of age wishes) to participate in the Competition.
The Council will not disclose your contact details without your permission unless it is required or permitted to do so by or under any law – for example, if the information is needed in an emergency or for a law enforcement purpose.
You may request any correction or update to the personal information that you provide by emailing to the Webmaster at [email protected].
If you have any questions about Privacy Statement please contact:
Australia Day Council of NSW
GPO Box 5341
Sydney NSW 2001