Salute to Australia
- 26 January 2017
- 11:45am – 12:01pm
WhereAround Sydney Harbour
Watch our armed forces pay tribute to our great southern land and join choirs in the singing of the national anthem.
The Salute to Australia is the ceremonial moment of the Sydney Harbour program, with the Australian Army, Royal Australian Navy and Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) conducting a tri-service Salute.
The ceremony also features mass choirs at key vantage points around the inner harbour.
The salute will be received by the Governor of New South Wales on HMAS Canberra, as our armed forces combine their efforts to pay tribute to our great southern land.
- From 10:45am until 12:15pm – HMAS Canberra positioned in Sydney Cove between the icons of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
- 11:45am – Prelude to Salute from the big sound system.
- 11:57am – 21 Gun Salute at Bradfield Park.
- 12 noon – Join choirs in the singing of the national anthem at Hickson Road Reserve, Overseas Passenger Terminal, Sydney Opera House, Bradfield Park or from your vantage point.
- 12:01pm – RAAF finale and handling display.
- 12:05pm – Tug & Yacht Ballet
KEY VANTAGE POINTS
- Bradfield Park
- Hickson Road Reserve
- Circular Quay
- Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Sydney Opera House
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREA AND FACILITIES
People with disability or limited mobility can register to watch the harbour celebrations from the accessible viewing area at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
Accessible toilets for people with disability and limited mobility will be available at this event.
For more information, please contact the Event Access and Inclusion Manager.
DOS AND DON'TS
DO NOT BYO. BYO alcohol and glass are not permitted in Darling Harbour, The Rocks, Sydney Opera House and Circular Quay, including the Overseas Passenger Terminal and Dawes Point.