Live at the Quay!
Live at the Quay! is finished
- 26 January 2018
- 6:30pm – 9:30pm
On offer for the first time, Live at the Quay! is a breathtaking maritime, musical and dance extravaganza right in the middle of Circular Quay.
If you’re mad about fireworks, Circular Quay is the place to be this Australia Day.
Harbour parades, jet-ski shows and a series of dazzling fireworks displays will transform the water and skies at Circular Quay.
You’ll also be treated to a classical on-water opera, a performance by KARI Indigenous Youth Choir, and a tribute to Dr G. Yunupingu through a performance of Djapana – Sunset Dreaming.
Live at the Quay! is the perfect way to end your Australia Day.
Position yourself where you can see the water at:
- First Fleet Park
- Hickson Road Reserve
- Circular Quay (western or eastern promenades only)
- Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Sydney Opera House western boardwalk
Viewing will NOT be available from:
- Circular Quay train station and wharf
- Circular Quay southern promenade
- Cahill Expressway Walkway
There are no fireworks on the Sydney Harbour Bridge or outside Circular Quay.
- From 6:30pm – Groove to tunes from the Australian Army Band
- From 7:00pm
- Marvel at an amazing fleet of heritage and working boats
- Watch the ever-inquisitive Sandra Sully interview the Australians of the Year on board the Morpheus
- From 7:30pm
- Welcome to Country performance with local elders, dancers and singers
- Cheer on your surf boat favourite in the inaugural Sydney Cove Cup
- From 8:00pm
- Check out the new Sydney Ferry Fleet, named after our great Australians
- Sunset ceremony including a tribute to Dr G. Yunupingu featuring Koomurri Dancers, plus fireworks
- From 8:30pm
- Tribute to opera sung by Lorenzo Rositano and choir, accompanied by a yacht ballet, lighting display, jet skis and fireworks
- Explore the journeys that our newest citizens have taken to become Australians
- From 9:00pm – Special performance by an Australian music legend, plus drag artists from Broken Heel Festival AND fireworks
- From 9:15pm – Breathtaking finale, featuring a spectacular live musical medley of Australian classics synchronised with jet skis and fly boards and culminating in massive fireworks display
Important: The fireworks have moved to Circular Quay. There are no fireworks at Darling Harbour on Australia Day in 2018.
Disability and mobility support
A designated accessible viewing area is available for guests with disability or mobility requirements at Australia Day 2018 – Live at The Quay!
The accessible viewing area is now at capacity and registrations have closed.