Chill Out Zone in Overseas Passenger Terminal
- 26 January 2017
- 10:00am – 7:00pm
WhereOverseas Passenger Terminal
The Rocks NSW
Soak up the sights, sounds and tastes of Australia Day at the Overseas Passenger Terminal. OPT not only boasts one of the finest views of the spectacle on Sydney Harbour but is host to a range of entertainment and refreshments – from live music and roving street performers to gourmet food trucks and the chance to see a tall ship up close.
South stage schedule includes:
- 12:15pm to 2:15pm: Perch Creek – A band of five energetic multi‐instrumentalists and vocalists who play harmony driven roots music with a creative energy and fearless spirit that sparkles with imagination and individuality. This set includes a lunch break from 12:45pm to 1:15pm.
- 3:15pm to 4:00pm: 4 x 6 – A classical crossover guitar and cello duo who specialise in performing instrumental interpretations of well known pop songs.
- 4:15pm to 5:00pm: The Hunting Birds – A young, captivating five piece outfit embodying honest performance and songwriting.
WATCH THE HARBOUR CELEBRATIONS
The Overseas Passenger Terminal is an ideal spot to simply chill out and enjoy the day.
Check out ferries dressed to the nines, see our armed forces salute our great southern land, marvel at spectacular display of nautical precision, and admire an impressive fleet of historic vessels and iconic vessels as they parade around the harbour in a dazzling display of national spirit.
VIEW THE TALL SHIPS UP CLOSE
Take a step back in time as the impressive tall ships – including the beautifully restored 19th Century square rigger, the James Craig – pull up in the Overseas Passenger Terminal at 2pm after their dash from Bradley’s Head to the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Get on board the James Craig for a gold coin donation.
Australia’s premier Shanty group, the Roaring Forties will be there to entertain you. They are a "highly characterful" group of veteran harmony singers with a shipload of songs from the sea, traditional, contemporary and everything in between. They invite participation with their rousing choruses. The Forties joining you this Australia day are Don Brian, Tom Hanson, Chris Maltby, Margaret Walters and Robert Boddington.
SELFIES & TATTOOS
Take a selfie with your friends and family at a gigantic postcard with the beautiful harbour in the background or make paper come alive at an origami workshop.
Show off your guns and get a free Australian tattoo (temporary transfer) at the Tattoo Booth.
Go all Hollywood and get your photo taken with the giant ‘A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A’ letters.
Befriend the giant Ox, made of mahjong tiles to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Fold your way to zen in free origami workshops. You can even take your masterpiece away with you.
Learn skills from the unicyclist and juggler. Belly bump in the monster bubbles. Look up and see a giant ladybird on stilts.
FOOD TRUCKS & STALLS
From yum cha favourites to New York-style pastrami sandwiches, organic pizzas, soft tacos, gourmet bangers and burgers, the trucks serve a great mix of dining options on-the-go.
- Agape Organic Food Truck – Chef Simon Lawson from Agapé Organic Restaurant has a tasty menu using organic & seasonal produce. Menu is rotated. Up to 8 items per location.
- Bad Betty’s Burgers – Hot, juicy burgers that are quickly cooked to order.
- Dairy King – Gelato bar, milkshakes, soft serve ice cream, coffees, hot chocolates, teas, slushies, soft drinks, water and juices available.
- Eat Art Truck – American BBQ street food, street art & amazing brand activations.
- Fusion Japanese – Reinvented classics in often the most whimsical ways imaginable so food is visually as exquisite as it tastes.
- Get in the Q – American-style BBQ, smoked on a custom built 36 inch radar hill smoker attached to the back of the truck.
- Greek Street – The most authentic souvlaki experience down under, with fresh produce sourced from local farmers.
- Happy as Larry – Serving traditional Neapolitan woodfired pizza and using the best local artisan products and fresh organic produce.
- Joe’s Icecream – Delicious soft serve ice cream with various toppings served on a single or double cone or in a sundae cup.
- Lemon Bar – Drinks made from fresh citrus and exotic fruits with natural mineral water will provide you with your daily zest.
- Turkish Gozleme – Traditional hand-made Turkish flat bread stuffed with a range of delicious fillings and cooked on a grill.
- Twisted Chips – A clever twist to the humble potato.
- Urban Pasta – Serving freshly cooked pasta with authentic sauces for people on the go.
- Wallie’s Sausages – Skinless Frankfurt pork and chicken sausages, beef snags, free range honey cured smoked bacon, homemade chilli con carne and Murray Valley pulled pork.
- Waffleland – Freshly baked waffles topped with ice-cream and fresh seasoned fruits.
Download the official Sydney Food Truck app to ensure you know where your favourite trucks are at all times!
DOS AND DON'TS
DO NOT BYO. Alcohol and glass are not permitted at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
Accessible toilets for people with disability and limited mobility will be available at this event.
For more information, please contact the Event Access and Inclusion Manager.