Australia Day Spectacular
- 26 January 2017
- 6:00pm – 9:15pm
WhereCockle Bay, Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour NSW
As the sun goes down, join the throng at Cockle Bay for a celebration of our national identity and the world's first time travelling dance party featuring Hot Dub Time Machine. The night will culminate in an exhilarating symphony of light, sound and pyrotechnics.
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT & ACTIVITIES
- 6:00pm: Enjoy live music and entertainment around Cockle Bay, starting with a parade of working boat vessels.
- 6:40pm: Hear from eminent NSW Australian of the Year recipients who will inspire you with their achievements and challenge you to make your own contribution to creating a better Australia.
- 7pm: Watch the heart-pumping action of dragon boaters as they race their way to the finish line to the beats of the drum in the Cockle Bay Cup.
- 7:30pm: Watch the broadcast of Australia Day 2017 – Live at the Sydney Opera House on the big screen.
- 8:15pm: Break the dance floor as Hot Dub Time Machine presents the world’s first time-travelling dance party.
- 8:45pm: Welcome our newest citizens and hear their stories. They’ll be talking about the things they love about Australia including our people, our sense of a fair go and the freedoms we all enjoy.
- 8:50pm: Listen to a powerful, spine tingling Indigenous welcome song, performed by the Wuruniri Music and Dance Group.
The night will culminate in an exhilarating symphony of light, sound and pyrotechnics at 9:00pm.
DOS AND DON’TS
DO arrive before 6pm to avoid disappointment due to crowd capacity.
DO NOT BYO. Alcohol and glass are not permitted at Darling Harbour.
FACILITIES FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY
Toilets for people with disability and limited mobility are available at this event.
For more information, please contact the Event Access and Inclusion Manager.