Registrations for CARnivale 2016 have now closed.
To display your veteran, vintage or classic vehicle, it must be over 30 years old and built before 31 December 1985 or be an identical model run-on.
The closing date for all entries is Friday 13 November 2015 or earlier if the total allocation of space has been filled.
If your registration is accepted you will receive a letter confirming arrival times and further details on the event in mid-December.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE PRIOR TO THE EVENT
A registration kit will be sent to successful entrants in December containing a windscreen sticker designating your time of arrival and parking area in the Park, a map of the location and details about the day.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY
- Vehicles arrive at the main gates of Parramatta Park (off Pitt Street) at designated times from 7am and are directed where to park by CARnivale marshals.
- Marshals will assist drivers to position their vehicles according to the space available.
- Free breakfast will be provided by the Rotary Club of Granville.
- For crowd safety reasons vehicles must stay in their allocated position until 5pm when they may leave under the direction of police and marshals. Cars may remain in the Park until after the end of the Main Stage concert at 9pm. The Park closes at 9.15pm however vehicle clearance will be toward 10pm, pending on the site manager’s approval.
- Entrants displaying flags or banners must affix them to their vehicles only and not to fences or buildings.
- No portable cooking facilities may be used in or around vehicles on display.
Adjacent to CARnivale in Parramatta Park will be a wonderland of fun for kids and kids at heart. It is the place for families to celebrate Australia Day through live entertainment, shows and activities.
WHAT TO BRING
The windscreen sticker, without which you will not be allowed entry, sunscreen, or raincoats and umbrella – the event goes on whatever the weather.
For further information on the event please contact John Flower, Vehicle Co-ordinator, Australia Day CARnivale at [email protected]